Monday, April 28, 2008
What to say?
What to say? How to say it? I don't know. Maybe that's the problem. Maybe not. This place overwhelms me. Sights, smells, sounds, tastes. The land of everything. The fattest people, the skinniest people, the poorest people, the richest people, the brightest colored clothes, white suits, black burquas, Hindus, Muslims, Jains, Buddhists, Sikhs, Catholics, Protestants, Jews, dark people, fair people, the spiciest food, plain rice, the most hospitable people, the most rude people, the dirtiest cities, the most beautiful mountains. I'm inadequate to share. Photos don't do the job. Wordless Wednesday is lame. My vocabulary is too finite. I'm forgetting how to speak. My mind races on sensory overload. What to say? Nothing. I'll just post the photos. Curious minds, please question. Comment when you can find the words.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I think that pretty close to sums it up... my vocabulary is too finite to describe India also. But I think you did a great job. The first time I was there, I was 16, and I think I wrote almost the exact same thing, the entire paragraph!
India holds a huge piece of my heart. I found your blog by accident, following a random path through friends, but I will come back again. When you find the words, keep writing.
Thanks for posting the pictures too. My dad goes every year still, but he doesn't take many pictures, and I miss the sights. Plus, there is always something new to see!
Blessings, Bethany
Post a Comment