The Accounts of a Mountain Girl
Update #2 February 2007
“Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds. Your righteousness is like the mountains of God.; your judgments are like the great deep; man and beast you save, O Lord.” Ps 36:5-6
Update #2 February 2007
“Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds. Your righteousness is like the mountains of God.; your judgments are like the great deep; man and beast you save, O Lord.” Ps 36:5-6
It’s really hard to believe, but I’ve been in this land for a month now. This past month was very busy for me; some of the highlights included: (1) two weeks of orientation in the big city, (2)a really long bus ride to our new town, (3) our week long home at the lodge, (4) moving across the street into a flat!, (5) losing my wallet!, (6) the return of my wallet!, my first full week of language study, and many more adventures.
In everything, the Father showed me His faithfulness and steadfast loves that never fails. The mountains pictured above are the view from outside our flat. Today, they have fresh snow, and are even more beautiful than pictured!
Praises:
- SAFE TRAVEL TO OUR NEW TOWN, A PLACE TO STAY, A LANGUAGE TEACHER
- NO SICKNESS FOR ME
- MY WALLET– One day I realized that my wallet was missing. I knew I had used it the
previous day, so I talked to the Father and proceeded to retrace my steps. A gracious “uncle," who speaks English, helped me speak to the tailor and various other shop owners about my missing wallet. No one could recall seeing it, so I returned home. I decided that the wise thing to do would be to cancel my debit card, so I called the bank. Before the bank answered, the tailor was at the door with my wallet......and everything was still inside. PTL!
Things to think about on my behalf...
- RELATIONSHIPS WITH TEAMMATES– There are four of us girls who don’t really know each other well, living in a very small space. Ask that we prefer one another in love.
- OPPORTUNITIES TO SHARE– This is hard because we do not have the language skills yet, but just ask that there would be a girl who speaks English and with whom I can share the good news.
- LANGUAGE– That I would be diligent to study, that I would learn quickly, and that my
lessons would be efficient. - UPCOMING TRAVEL FOR "H" AND I– February 13th- 15th we will be traveling a couple of hours to a city to do some research (on our people, and on the city). This could be a possible place for the two of us to live after April. We will take two additional trips in the next couple of months.
This is on the local bus. There was standing room only this day, but it’s SO cheap!
Thanks for lifting me up!
Grace and Peace
.bmp)



No comments:
Post a Comment