Monday, March 19, 2007

So, it's March

“For all the gods of the peoples are idols, but the Lord made the heavens.”
1Chr 16:26

In every shop, in every home, around every corner, in the hearts of the people, and everywhere you look there are idols. However, when I look to the mountains, and at the beautiful birds, and into the hearts of the believers here I know that the one God, the Lord Almighty made the heavens and the earth.

A local Hindu temple to Kali.

This month, the days have been filled with many hours of language study. For a couple hours a day I study what I have in my notebook, then I go out into the community to practice what I’m learning. Six days a week, a teacher comes to our flat for a couple of hours in the evening to give us Hindi lessons. Also, we have been meeting many new people and making relationships with our neighbors and shopkeepers.

Praises:
Still, I haven’t really been sick (except for the one day after eating my American Peter Pan Peanut Butter!!!). New friends who are local Kingdom workers...they have really been an encouragement. The travel this past month was very informative, and it went very smoothly (that just sounded funny to me, because the road was anything but smooth!)



Things to think about on my behalf:
  • Direction in assignment and location; We will take another survey trip March 20-26.
  • I haven’t really been sleeping very well.
  • The local Kingdom workers; many have faced much persecution. Some have worked here many years without yet being able to see a harvest.
  • Also, for continued language learning.


(If you can read the sign on the wall by my head, it says deewahr = wall. The hat on my head is a traditional Pahari hat that is worn by the old men in this area.)

Blessings...

No comments: