Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I hope you haven't forgotten...

Dear Friends and Family,


How is everyone? I'm sorry that it has been so long since you’ve heard from me. A lot of things have been happening on this side of the world, and spare time has been little. I think of y’all often and would love to hear from you, so please email me!


So...what’s been happening here? April was very busy with my supervisor coming to visit, going on a short trip to celebrate our risen L-D, more time with the supervisor, helping the other girls to find a house, packing, saying goodbyes, wrapping things up with my Hindi study. My job in the North wasn’t a great fit, and a better one opened up, so May 2nd I moved from a small town up North in the mountains to a huge city down South near the beach. A lot of things are new here.....new team, new roommates, new job, new culture, new language, new climate, etc.




goodbye beautiful mountain scenery!





Now, most of May has also passed with moving, a three day event with an orphanage, beginning to study Tamil, a four day trip with teammates to do some follow-up surveys, Sundays at a place of w-ship called Ashraya (refuge), and getting acclimated to the city.



Things to think about on my behalf:
• Adjustment to everything new. Also, that I would everyday fix my eyes on the Rock of Ages who will never change.
• Strength to bear the heat (up to 111 F and very humid).
• That the L-D would work through me to shine light in this dark country.
• Local believers here in the South. That they would not rely on tradition, but on the Word. That they would share the Good News everywhere they go.
• That Father would continue to work in the North.
• That the L-D would work through the devastation that still exists because of the tsunami in 2004.


Blessings,
Roz,
or these days more commonly known as Rose (they can’t pronounce the “z” and I don’t want to be called “Raj”)



This is beach about 8 hours away from where I live.
Around 6000 people were killed here in the tsunami that happened in December 2004.



Pahari boy



Pahari man in traditional dress

3 comments:

Dennis, Allison, Anjela and B.J. said...

No havent forgotten you. Love to read your updates and look at your pictures you post. Praying for you. Persevere my sister!!

Anonymous said...

You are a great source of encouragement and inspiration! I speak daily of you to the One Who placed you there. Everything seems to be going well in the Cave! Please continue interceding for us
David

Anonymous said...

I cry as I write to you. We miss you daily. Coleby turned 1 today and I became a Director with MK. The one who blesses has done so abundently. I know you are where you are because of it. We love you so much.