My best friend Sheley asked me to post this, so here goes.....
Since vacation (actually before vacation too) I've been working on an Excel spreadsheet that has about 5,000 entries. I'm trying to help sort out who's who in this place so that we can effectively develop strategies to reach those who haven't heard the Good News and to make sure no one is left out.
A couple of Christmas programs, one at an orphanage and another with some slum children. (There was this one girl, and she was SOOOO cute....too bad I didn't have my camera!)
Spending time with the family I posted about who gave me a birthday party. Except this week they're "out of station" because they went to find my friend a match in a big city up north. And my roomate is out of station too......so I'm all alone.
This past weekend my sweet Auntie and Uncle from a city up north came to visit, and a friend from a relatively close city came too. One night I went to dinner with Auntie and Uncle, and we got a taxi for a couple of hours to transport us to and from the place. I had to call the taxi driver to give him directions and again to tell him we were ready to go home. (This means he now knows my phone #....grrrr). He took me home, then Auntie and Uncle. Then, he called me to say, "Auntie and Uncle drop-ped." Shew.....that was harmless. Not so much, the next night he called me 20 times....after I was asleep...after midnight. Stalker #2, I'm not impressed, I'm annoyed. If you call again I may say something not nice.
For Christmas: Tomorrow I'm helping to gift wrap sarees to give to some CSW (commercial sex workers.....this is a better word than prostitute I'm told) through a women's ministry in the town. I'm working on getting together a couple of buckets for my neighbors with some basic food supplies and stuff. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day I'll spend with my supervisors at their house.
Next...say goodbye to a teammate who's returning to the States, then I'm off to a nearby country to renew my visa.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Contrary to what you think... what you wrote is not boring; I am glad she told you to post it (if only I were as committed to posting things as you I am a slacker). You are so busy and are great at what you do.
i like the title.
Post a Comment