Thursday, November 29, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

Someone once told me that for your birthday you get to celebrate as many days as the number of years you turn. Well, since I turned 23 this year, that means that I get to celebrate 23 days! Woo hoo! So, day 1 was a week before my birthday, and days 2-8 I celebrated at the beach. Tonight, my family here had a little celebration for me. Birthday customs are a little different here....but fun! My brother bought a cake on his way home from work that said "Happy Birthday to Rozy"

My sisters were there, as well as several other friends. I had to sit in front of the cake and they placed a really big candle in the center and lit it. I was waiting for them to sing first, but they were waiting for me to blow out the candle first, so they were yelling at me to blow out the candle.

I did; they sang.

Next, I cut one slice out of the cake and fed everyone a bite (all from that same piece).

Then, my friend fed me some of the cake.

Next, several of them smeared icing on my face....gross.

Last, we ate a tasty dinner together. They also gave me a present, but I sat it on the table while I went to wash my face and when I came back...I guess they couldn't stand the suspense of what was inside.....they had opened it for me!

No comments: