The newspaper was interesting the past 2 days....
In yesterday's local newspaper: One dhaba (restaurant) owner was fined for serving the meat of monitor lizards......yum
In today's local newspaper: 200 ill over the last 48 hours with symptoms caused by contaminated water from deadly borewells.
Tapping into the potential of exporting grapes, wine.
Illegal gun factory near city busted.
Another dhaba raided: found serving partridge meat. Partridge biryani 75 rupees (less than 2$), partridge fry 50 rupees (a little more than 1$). 4 of the men from the dhaba were arrested; the owner is still at large. (I wish I could have gone to this place to eat before they were caught!)
More on the dhaba that serves monitor lizard meat. Other delicious treats? Spotted deer, porcupine, wild boar, pangolin, civet cats, musk deer, sambar, great Indian gaur, otter, flying fox, rat snakes, water snakes, flap shell turtle, pond terrapin, all major water birds, yellow-throated green pigeon, peafowl, partridge, cattle egrets. (Don't ask me exactly what all these animals are...I'm not too sure!)
"The citizens of (my state) should consider themselves to be a lucky lot. Considering how terror-infested (my state) is, it is a wonder that lives and property have by and large escaped attack."
Hairy Tale. "A sadhu (a holy person) dries his 9-foot-long hair after taking a holy dip in (in a river in my country)." (There's a picture too! Incredible! Sorry I can't share!)
2 tribals made to eat excreta. Case was related to some stolen wood.
'Mongrels are cleverer than pure-breds'
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
ummm give me some pangolin any day of the week (but if you served it to me I would have no idea what it was). I might just wikipedia it!
these r pretty funny
Post a Comment