In other news, in January I started counting down the days (59-63 to be exact) when the female street dog (Lady) was going to have her puppies. The day I left for vacation, she still hadn't had them yet, but I knew it was going to be any day. When I returned, the puppies should've been about 2 weeks old, but I couldn't find them anywhere. I looked and looked for about 2 weeks. One day, I was picking up my laundry from the man who irons my clothes (it's really great...you give him the clothes and pick them up at the end of the day nice and crisp and pay about $1.00). While I was waiting for the last piece, a young guy (I think he's the driver for someone on my street.....he's really nice....and always says hi) started talking to me. Lady came walking up and I started to pet her. The young guy excitedly said, "6 small babies!" I immediately replied, "WHERE!!! Show me!!" He showed me where they were, but I couldn't see them because it was the heat of the day and they were asleep. The next day, I saw them!!! So cute. The young guy came over while I was looking at them and said, "5 members!" It was really funny.
About a week later, someone took the puppies ....and Lady away. I was so sad! Especially about Lady.....she was my replacement for Rebekah (my black lab that I left at home that ran away last summer) Anyways, she came back a few days ago. I think someone got her fixed, but she looks so pitiful!
Moving on....
Today, Shels and I went out in the evening to purchase a birthday gift and then to someone's house for dinner. However, when we got out of our auto to get the gift, the skies opened up and dumped a lot of water on us! We had to walk the rest of the way in a torrential down pour! Here's some pictures from the adventure!
All this rain makes me think of a song...
"When I think about rain, I think about singing. When I think about singing, It's a heavenly tune. When I think about heaven, then I think about angels. When I think about angels, I think about you."



4 comments:
It makes me think about singin and dancin in the rain, and then i think that moses supposes his toeses are roses... and then i get confused...
I am glad that Lady came back. This story makes me miss all the dogs in my life... especially a certain mountain dog by the name of Cushy.
we need another update. aeh
definitely time for a new update my friend!
Post a Comment