Thursday, May 8, 2008

What?

Generally, it's really loud here. Interactions of humans with other humans comes in at least 7 different languages in this city. Car horns, cars that play music when they are in reverse, dogs, firecrackers, jamming music, politicians on loud speakers, loud ceiling fans, kids, etc. You can't listen to everything. Otherwise, you would go crazy. But to what do you listen? I have found my self more often than not saying, "What? I wasn't listening to you, can you repeat what you said?" I also think that I'm losing my hearing. Many times this week I've caught myself saying, "What? I didn't hear you. Can you say that again?" Now, even today (actually it could have happened yesterday), my speakers on my computer aren't working. At first I thought it was me...either my hearing, or my listening. Nope. Broken. Dead. I don't know if I'll be able to talk on Skype anymore. It's a good thing the warranty on this computer is for 3 years. Do you think the computer store will just give me a new computer?

3 comments:

Sheley Calypso said...

what? I didn't hear what you worte.

Anonymous said...

HI
Sorry about your speakers!
How is your Aunt and Uncle here in TX?
Did you get the packageI sent you?
Hope you are doing ok.
Love you and miss you Lori

Tales of a Girl said...

Lori,
My speakers miraculously work again! I haven't heard any updates about my aunt and uncle. And, I haven't got your package yet. Sometimes it takes a while.
Love ya!
Roz