Monday, February 18, 2008
random rambling
Saturday.....Saturday I needed a Roslyn day. I slept 'til 10, had my breakfast, rode my bicycle around the neighborhood for an hour, and returned home out of breath, just in time to catch the plant walla (seller guy who pushes a cart full of plants around until he sells them). I ran up the stairs to get my money and returned to the street to purchase two matching pink/purple/curly/leafy plants to set outside our door. Then, I rode the 3 year old twins that live downstairs up and down the street on my bicycle. I showered, dressed in my favorite clothes, and went downtown with four of my national friends and my roommate to see a movie. The movie: Jodhaa Akbar. A Rajput (Hindu) princess marries a Mughal (Muslim) emperor in order to form an alliance between the two families. Battles on elephants, sword fights, love story, beautiful jewelry, humor. Excellent. Male and female alike should watch.....and there aren't any sketchy dance scenes. After the movie, the 6 of us had dinner at a delicious place near our houses. After the meal, I strategically declined the sweet/palate cleanser which my roommate naively accepted. She ate it, the whole thing in one bite. A shiny leaf folded up with stuff inside, sandwiched between to cherry pickle things, held together by a toothpick. On the walk down our street to our house, my lovely roommate said, "It tasted like I just ate India. The smells from outside, incense, everything combined in one bite." mmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
that is so funny!
i can almost hear your burst of laughter at her comment..
oh how i miss you
nicole
i can't wait to be there with you guys! I havent seen the movie yet, but maybe this week :-)
Post a Comment