Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fourth National Flower Festival

So maybe it was a contest, or a show, or something, but I'm really growing fond of alliteration. And...it seemed more like a festival to me because it was way more than just flowers. I mean, there were:

Beautiful, prize winning flowers...




fruits and vegetables...

plants and trees....

pots for sale...

picnics...

ice cream...

monkeys in the trees....

I mean..people having fun

roasted corn...

coconuts(who knew there are so many kinds!)....

vegetable men...

rocks and a temple...



things to buy...


friends...

sleeping babies...

gossip....

fountains...

families...

police...

bikes...
the REALLY HUGE tree!...

and movie stars...wait, that's just me, and my roomie, and one of the many people who followed us around throughout the day trying to take our picture/be in a picture with us/generally, just stalk us.

And then, as we were leaving.....my roomie fell into the swamps of despair. Well, ok, it was a mud puddle...but it ate her shoe and she had to dig it out. Gross. and Hilarious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! You were off blog so long I hadnt been checking! Jess thought you had gotten home to USA. DO you know when you will be coming in? Or have your plans changed?
I love all your pics, except that burqa is scary. Sadie is off at Liberty U now, classes started this week...Check her out on facebook. Love you...Lori