Wednesday, August 13, 2008

weddings, waterfalls, and a wonderful visit :)

After Thailand, I worked on another project and some reports and such. Then I went to the capital to sweat. Actually I went there to collect some books and info., but I believe that I sweated more than anything. For those of you who live in the capital, or in similar heat, I understand your suffering and I pray for you! NEXT.......I took a 16 hour bus ride one way (if you're wondering why...go back to the title of this post, or keep reading/looking at the photos!--yes, I took some photos, but a few are stolen from a friend)
The one and only...teal suit...haha, just kidding, kind of. The one and only, Laura Beth!! I was so excited for Laura Beth to come! Word on the street is that we'll be residing together soon.

Joyce, oh Joyce. This was an unknown overnight guest. She stayed with Laura Beth and I the night before the weddings. My Hindi was taken to new levels this night...I've never listened, answered so many questions, and translated this much!

The wedding guests, over 1000! Craziness!

The groomsmen...hey..Laura Beth, is someone missing? I'm thinking that I don't have the whole wedding party.

The bridesmaids

The ring bearers and flower girls

Bride and Groom #1....yes, there is a #2.....I did say weddings

Bride and Groom #2

The cake....I think only the top part is real!

Cutting the cake!

some wedding guests :)

hairs all made to look and smell beautiful

what a happy day!

Women's side....this was so fun....really one of my favorite things!

The men's side

The monsoon started the day before.....the water was amazing!

Main Falls

More

I can't get enough!

Again.

The waterfall crew

Again.

Baby Hannah, one of about 60 orphans.....all so sweet....what a wonderful visit!

and then, July ended just like it started.

1 comment:

Nicole Wilson Conley said...

good job updating. :)
now if i can only get my parents to do it. she said she might just mail me a real letter every once in a while and have me type things up... haha.
love you - see you soon!!